Questions to Ask Your HOA
Every Home Owners Association is different and may not have specifications in all these areas or they may have more.
- Any size restrictions?
- Are there limitations on the % of property the shed can occupy?
- Any particular roof pitch or style? (Ex: is a barn style shed allowed?)
- What is the maximum height allowed including roof pitch?
- Does the shed need to be a certain distance from the main dwelling/property line/fence?
- Does the shed need to be hidden from street view?
- Are there any other requirements that govern where a shed can or cannot be placed on the property?
- Does the HOA require a permanent foundation such as concrete?
- Does the HOA require architectural shingles?
- Does the siding need to be horizontal such as fiber cement (a.k.a. Hardiplank) or vinyl?
- Does the HOA require the addition of windows, shutters or upgraded doors?
- Do HOA requirements included having boxed eves on the shed?
- What steps need to be taken to receive approval from the HOA to build?
- Do they require documentation and engineer drawings?
We are happy to work with you to meet the HOA requirements and still fit your needs.